Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I JUST SEND 'EM LIKE I RECEIVE 'EM

Recently I was relaying a "service back" Radiogram. The station receiving the relay from me determined, based on the "content" of the Radiogram that the delivering station didn't "do it right". He then told me that I should advise the station of the "error".

I had a very quick and happy response: "I just send 'em like I receive 'em! KD8LZB back to Net Control." END OF STORY.

I didn't entertain a coversation about how I felt about what the content of the Radiogram revealed. I am a Relay Station; not a content judge... NTS instructor... advisor... etc. And I most certainly didn't think that "during the Net" was the appropriate time to discuss it. SO.... I basically ignored the comment. If someone wants to discuss Radiogram Philosophy, there are probably Internet Groups and Rag Chew Nets in which one can participate. BUT A TRAFFIC NET IN PROGRESS IS NOT THE PLACE! I'm gettin' a little tense... Coffffeeeeeeee... There. That's better.

I feel very strongly that once I agree to take a piece of traffic, and I confirm that it is "legal" traffic... THE CONTENT IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS. I do believe that there is a time and place for learning how to do what we all do night after night, but when I am wearing my Official Relay Station hat, my ONLY job is to move traffic.

For those that are further interested in my opinions on this matter you might enjoy my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyG-FJyi6BY If you watch the video, please leave your comments on Youtube for the benefit of those who watch the video that do not follow my Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment